Wednesday, October 4, 2017

Interview Question - What are your weaknesses?

A good interviewer will ask strong, job-related questions focused on identifying an individual’s emotional intelligence level to evaluate how the candidate will perform in the role but sometimes this type of interview questions are good and sometimes not, it can reveal genius person or idiot ones, it depends on the situation.

A very well known organization that assists with resume', interview and other coaching as part of a severance package told me that interviewers may ask 'what is your weakness', because some people actually answer the question with answers that provide immediate disqualification, such as, 'I tend to be late Mondays because I am a weekend warrior', or 'I despise coming in at the same time everyday and bosses complaining about it'. However, a good interviewer instantly spots insanity without asking about weaknesses.

If it's an employee that conforms with everything they are told to do then this hits the jackpot, especially if the candidates are readily prepared for the questions.

90% of a job is  being able to get along with everyone else; the rest (the actual job) is on-the-job-training, at least in the companies I've worked for, that's been the case. We're not numbers, we're people. Shoot,  we all have weaknesses and does anyone really know where they will be in 5 years? Heck, I could be dead in  5 years! I'd rather have conversations with people and find out if they are easy going and easy to work with; after all, people do business with people. And, are they trainable? If so, they'll probably be an awesome addition to the team.

They don't only asked such stupid questions. They also expect from profesionnals to reply like parrots! It's hilarious and humiliate, at the same time. I have a tendency to want to give smart-assed answers to stupid questions!! I often get really stupid questions or comments in my line of work because I'm a woman. They really click in the smart-ass in me which I do sometimes allow out.

It is unprofessional and irresponsible for recruiters to keep going through the same questions over and over again. It makes no significant sense. Simply hire people, train them and provide them with responsibilities, and watch your company grow. 

No comments:

Microsoft Business Intelligence (Data Tools)

Microsoft Business Intelligence (Data Tools)